Spinach and Tofu Soup
This hearty vegan soup features chunky onion and tofu with garbanzo beans, fresh lemon and soy sauce. Serve it hot with fresh cracked pepper and crusty bread.
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 (16 oz.) cans vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 (5 oz.) container fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz. extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Garbanzo beans, drained
- freshly cracked pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan or soup pot.
- Add onion and saute on low heat 2 minutes until fragrant; stir in soy sauce.
- Add broth, lemon juice and spinach. Cook for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally) until spinach has wilted.
- Add tofu and Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans, and continue to cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve hot.